Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Being Single....And Being Okay With It

I have been rather quiet on my blog lately and I guess that is due to the fact that I got lazy and didn't feel I had anything to write down. I have been taking in as much as I can lately from God and just letting him show me where I need to get things in order in my life. Sometimes we tend to let things side track us without realizing that it's happening until it's too late. I have been single now for a long time and there are times that I long to have someone in my life that I can share it with, but I seem to find the wrong ones. I am really OK being single if that is what God wishes for my life, because I only what more of him. He has had to teach me to be satisfied in my situation. I can't say that its always easy and I have my moments when it bothers me, but I have to say for the most part I am just fine with it. I was having a discussion with a good friend of mine recently and I told her that I know what it is I want in a relationship now after many years of having what I didn't want. God knows what I need and when he sees fit to bring that person into my life then I will welcome it with open arms. I will know when it is right, because there will be no confusion about it and no wondering if this is the right one. I have learned that. God has brought me to a place in my life where he wants it to be all about him and no distractions from anything. I have had many people removed from my life and many things have changed over the last 4 years. For those of you that are single like me and find yourself desiring to have someone in your life to share it with stop and ask God what it is he wants for your life. He knows your desires already and when its right he will bring some of them to pass, but ask him what it is his desires are and ask him to make his desires your desires and you will find that not only will the loneliness go away but he will fill you so full of him that you will be able to contain it anymore. Don't get your eyes on the wrong thing and don't let yourself get into situation that may lead to something that it shouldn't. Keep your mind renewed, heart open, and guard your spirit because the enemy will tempt you when you are at your weakest. Stay in that secret place with God and let him speak to you and fill you up so that you can go out and carry his glory to the world. Let him set you apart from everything so that he can shine through you.

No comments:

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally