Thursday, August 14, 2008

At My Age?

For those of you who did not know I had my tonsils and my adenoids removed yesterday. Yes at my age I had to have it done. Lets just say that when they said I would have severe throat pain is an understatement. I have a high tolerance of pain but this is awful. The pain medication that they gave me is in liquid form but it just barely takes the edge off the pain. I cant hardly talk yet just barely whisper and I have had ice chips and water since yesterday. I am going to attempt ice cream today. I had thrown up some blood a few times yesterday and it hurts to throw up after having that kind of surgery. I feel for Pastor David and what he has had to deal with after his surgery. It is no fun and you feel horrible and not being able to talk is hard for me. My girls have been great about helping take care of me and things around here. They gave me a bell to ring if I need anything but I try not to ask for anything unless I really need it. Natalie even got up in the middle of the night last nite to get me some ice chips and to make sure I took my medicine and she had to be up at 6 this morning for school. She has been a big help. Im very proud of her and how she has taken charge while I am in bed. I will be at church on Sunday but I wont be doing flags or dancing for at least 3 weeks. I have to get okay from the doctor to do any kind of strenous activity. So if you see me on Sunday and I dont speak I only smile you will know why. Dont take it the wrong way Im just in alot of pain and its hard to talk. Love you all and keep me and the girls in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I am glad your surgery went okay and I am so sorry it has been painful! My cousin had it done too as an adult and it was pretty painful too! Let me know if you need ANYTHING! I would be glad to help! Love ya!!

Kendra

Anonymous said...

Kendra can help out, but don't ask her to cook, lol or your belly may be sore too. JK I love ya Kendra.

Barbara, God is the healer and I am praying and believing that you will have a very short recovery. He is able. Love ya!

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally