Monday, April 27, 2009

The Words We Speak Into Peoples Lives


I recently had a good friend of mine to move away to another state. When he and I had met I was unaware of the problems he was facing in his life. I got too quickly involved with him and soon learned that there were some things that he needed to work out and to get his life straight. We did not date anymore after that but have remained good friends and I tried to be there when he needed to talk to me. He had an opportunity to move to another state with his job so he took it and wanted a fresh start. He is working on getting the mess he left behind straightened out and putting it behind him. He said to me "Barb your a special lady and you have opened my eyes to alot of the things that I have been doing and I want to thank you for that". Sometimes we don't know the influence we have on other people. I know I didn't realize the impact I had made in his life. I am just me and try to live my life the way I know god would want me to. I never knew how much he listened to what I said until that moment. There were times we would talk for hours by text or he would call me when he was having a rough time. I didn't always have an answer for him but I would listen and pray about it. The words that come out of our mouths should never tear someone down but always help to build them up. If there is something that needs to be said then you do it with love and respect. I will miss him very much and he and I will always be friends and I pray for him everyday that god will help him on his road ahead. Please keep him in your prayers.

1 comment:

Daniel Pike said...

you have a great blog! It's filled me with inspiration for my day! The next blog post I make, must be about the amazing things God has done in my life!

cheers!

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally