Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Want The Fire To Consume Every Part of Me

This song has gotten down in my spirit and has never left. God wont relent (give up) until he has every part of you. He wants to take all of the yuck that is inside of you that has been holding you back for so long. We have scars from our past hurts that have built up a wall around our heart. It sounds funny to say, but we are more comfortable with the pain that the scars have left behind than we are to open up our hearts to god so that he can tear down and take out what isn't supposed to be there. We would rather deal with the scars because we can hide behind them and not have to feel anything anymore and we don't have to give all to god. We hold back on purpose because of fear. Fear of serving god and what he will ask of us. Nothing should ever hold you back from god wanting every part of you. We want every part of god but we aren't willing to give him every part of ourselves. He wants to replace all the mess that we have inside us with his heart so that you and he can become one. I want all that god has for me until I possibly cant take it anymore and then I want him to give me more. I don't ever want him to stop pouring himself into me. Its like this song says "...come be the fire inside of me...come be the flame within my heart..." That's exactly how I feel. I want the fire of god to burn in me so bright that you can see nothing but him and not me. I want the fire to consume every part of me. That is my prayer for everyone and myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just wondering, how do u get filled up that u cant take no more but u want to get filled up more? just wondering...

Barb Wick said...

I want god to drench me in him so that is overflowing out of me so that I cannot contain it anymore then I want him to keep pouring himself into me. We put limitations on what we think god can do. Why do you not think that he can keep filling me up beyond what I can imagine. You just have to want be willing to receive and want it bad enough.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally