Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dont Hold Back

I recently went to St. Louis with the Dance It Out team to minister in a friend of ours christmas program at their church. There are alot of reasons why this past weekend was a divine appointment, but I think the reason I was supposed to be there was to re-affirm that I am where I am supposed to be and to show me that there are greater things ahead. There are times I feel so clumsy when I dance and I say God why do you have me dancing I dont have any ability I ache all the time and I am sure someone else can do it better than me. He gently puts his arms around me and holds me tight and says, but you said yes when I asked. When I was in St. Louis I messed up during the first service dancing and I felt so bad about it afterwards, but no one noticed or if they did they never said anything. Something that Curtis said to us before we left when we were talking about everything that weekend. He said this church is so used to everything being perfect that they need to see that its not about perfection but about your heart and willingness to put yourself out there for God to do something. There are going to be times when you step out and do what God has called you to do that you will mess up and you will feel as if someone else can do it better but don't let that stop you from the call he placed on your life. He wasnt looking for perfection he was looking for someone to say yes I will. I dont look for compliments or nice words when I dance and its hard for me to take the compliments when given. I do what I do because God asked me to step out and do it for him and because I just can't sit still and just raise my hands anymore. For all he has done in me I want to shout and dance and show him how much I love him. I sometimes wonder what people would do if God just walked in the church would they just stand there or sit in there chairs. I know everyone has their own way to worship I am not knocking anyone's way of doing it but do you think about what you are singing about? If you truly did it would make you want to fall at his feet and worship or get up and shout to the heavens praises to him. Next time you see me or any of the team doing flags or dancing don't just sit there if you feel like dancing and shouting get up and do it. Our whole purpose is to help others enter into worship in a deeper way. Don't let what other people may think hold you back. It doesn't matter how silly you think you look stop letting that mindset hold you back.

No comments:

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally