Saturday, February 4, 2012

NOTHING CAN KEEP ME FROM DANCING!!!!!!

As many of you may or may not know I have been battling pain in my left foot for about 6 years now. Thats about how long I have been in the dance ministry....coiencidence I don't think so. Anyway about a month ago I was at work and my foot was hurting me so bad I couldnt hardly walk and caused me to cry in pain. I went home that friday and did nothing that weekend, but I got up that Sunday morning and said God nothing and I mean nothing will keep me from doing what you have called me to do. I walked in and Tammy said no I will do flags and I said to her no I have to do them this morning. She totally understood what I meant and has been there herself where she knew she had to dance her way through it. From that moment on I felt an overwhelming peace that I knew God had it all under control. I knew what I was going to be fasting for on my 21 day fast. I prayed for my foot to be totally healed and for God to give me the wisdom to be able to make better choice so that I could lose weight to carry out what he has called me to do. I don't want to just halfway do what he called me to do I want to do it with excellence and be able to look at people when I minister and say I have made it through and so can you. Don't ever give up and keep yourself focused on HIM and he will give you the strength and the wisdom to be able to carry out what he has called you to do. I went to the doctor right after that Sunday and the doctor told me I had a Bursa Sac and a Spur on my Achilles Tendon. Quite painful and not fun to have wrong with your foot when you are in the dance ministry. Well he put me in an air boot and gave me some anti inflammatories to take to get the swelling down. He said come back in 3 weeks and we will see how you are doing and if it gets better we will discuss how to go from there. If it gets worse then we will schedule and MRI and will probabaly have to do surgery if its really bad. I looked at the doctor and said not surgery!!!! He smiled and said I hope not. So I went back to the doctor this past week and my foot has gotten better and he said he wants to continue the treatment for another 3 weeks and the fourth week I am to walk in my regular shoes. He will then have me come back and they will cast me for a functional shoe insert that will raise my heels up so that the tendon doesn't rub against that spur. He asked what kind of activities I did outside of work I told him I was in the dance ministry. He scowled at me and said in a low tone NOOOOOO we cant be doing that. I said doc I am not being disrespectful but I will continue to dance anyway. He said well we need to get your foot well and not to damage it anymore. I still looked at him and said I will still dance. He then said ok we will talk about it when you come back I smiled and just shook my head. I left the doctors office and called my mom and told her what the doctor said and she said I told you he would tell you to stop dancing. I said mom I know you mean well and are trying to look out for me but that isn't going to stop me from dancing. I know what he has called me to do and nothing or no one will keep me from doing it. Even if I have to dance in a cast or on crutches. She said ok and left it at that. I had a few people at work shake their head because they heard me say I was still going to dance. This was my facebook post from the day I left the doctors office " DONT LET ANYTHING OR ANYONE KEEP YOU FROM DOING WHAT GOD HAS CALLED YOU TO DO. YOU STAND FIRM ON HIS WORD AND REBUKE THE DEVIL AND HE WILL HAVE TO FLEE. NOTHING IN THIS WORLD NOT EVEN FAMILY AND FRIENDS SHOULD KEEP YOU FROM DOING WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED TO DO!!!!!!!!!!! God said he gives us the desires of our hearts. Well mine is to dance for HIM like never before and to lose weight so I can carry out that call on my life. Tomorrow at church I will be without my boot for the day because I know that I know that I know that I know that I know I am healed. I will continue to do what the doctor has asked me to do. If you only get one thing from this blog entry I want it to be this.....Don't let yourself stop you from doing what he has called you to do. Make the decision to do all you can do and let him do the rest. He will give you the knowledge and wisdom to carry out what he called you to do as well as give you the strength to get through it all. The enemy can come at me but he knows when I say flee in the name of JESUS he has to go!!!!!! So when you see me dancing tomorrow in church my prayer is that you see HIM through me and that it sparks you to go after all that God has for you and to do what he has called you to do.

No comments:

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally