Monday, January 4, 2010

I Dont Want To Eat My Blessing

Last nite Pastor Josh was talking about fasting and praying. Something that Beth said last nite rang deep in my spirit. She said "I don't want to eat my blessing". Its very true that when are fasting that we have all kinds of thoughts running through our minds that we cant make it through the fast. Sometimes you have to push through the pain in order to receive the blessing. I know myself in the past when I was on a fast it was very difficult because I would tell myself that I couldn't possibly do it. I always would find an excuse to either stop or to alter it somehow. I had to learn to push myself through the hunger pains, the headaches, and the thoughts that would come to my mind that I couldn't possibly make it. Many times we don't always see a result right away from when we fasted and prayed for something and we get discouraged. Sometimes god has other things to show us and he will often change our mindset through it all. Be specific in what you are praying for and be open to what god is trying to say to you and show you. Pastor Josh also made a good point in saying that wouldn't it be awesome if we fasted and prayed for others needs just like we do our own needs. Could you imagine the breakthroughs that would take place in peoples lives if everyone would do that. I know myself I am praying for some specific things during this fast. I want god to bless me financially so that I may be able to purchase a house. That is something I have wanted for a longtime, but I have to say that god had to show me how to be a good steward of what I had and be happy with where I was at before he allows me to step into owning a house. I pray for more wisdom so that I don't make the same mistakes as I have in the past. I am praying for the one god has for me to spend my life with whomever he maybe. I know god is preparing him as he is preparing me for the journey we will have together. I am also praying for my children and for god to keep them safe and guide them through the many decisions they will have to face. There are many other things I am praying for, but that is a few of them. Take this time of fasting and praying and put everything aside and focus on him. That is probly the one thing that I am praying for the most is for him to help me keep my focus on him and to always put him first in all that I do.

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

Great post..last night was great.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally