Friday, September 2, 2011

Be Mindful What You Take In

My girls and I seem to have the same discussion and difference of opinion on the subject of what we watch as far as tv and movies and what we listen to in music. I have my own opinion and I'm trying to teach my girls that they need to be careful what they allow into their minds and spirits. I use to watch alot of horror movies, movies that didnt really have good content in it, listen to both secular and christian music when I was younger and up into my late 20's. I started to re-evaluate what it was that I was allowing into my mind and spirit. I have a very creative imagination (thats where my kids get it from) and I would have all kinds of horrible dreams and just odd thoughts that I wouldn't understand where they came from. Then one day I was praying and God just softly spoke to my spirit and said what is it your listening to? I was puzzled at first by what I thought he meant. It took me a few days of pondering on it to figure out that he was trying to show me that what I put into myself is what is going to come out of me. I dont want things that don't edify or glorify God to be put into my mind and spirit. I know alot of you are like my kids and say well it doesnt have any cuss words in it and it isnt saying anything bad and I like the song so I think its ok to listen to it. Yes that may be true but stop and think about what you listen to and the kinds of messages it speaks into your life. Music is something that everyone relates to and enjoys. So think about it, satan has corrupted music in such a way that even if the musicians don't write about anything bad so to speak, no cuss words, and its just a good song to listen to...wouldn't that be a good way to find a crack into your mind and spirit to try to fill you full of things that shouldnt be there? It's the same thing with what we watch on tv and in the movies. The horrible images that are in some of these movies isn't something we should want to have in our minds and spirits. I mean really do you want the mental image of a person killing someone in the most graphic and brutal ways you can think of, seeing sexual perversion of every kind, glorifying drugs and alcohol, making lying seem likes its a part of life and ok to do? I know I don't want those kinds of images inside of me. These are the things that God was showing me in my life that I needed to be aware of and to change what I was taking into my life. I'm just saying be mindful of what you take in because what you take in is what is going to be coming out of you.

No comments:

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally