Thursday, December 6, 2007

Falling In Love

The lord had been dealing with me in the past year about falling in love. I thought I was in love with some of the guys I have dated, but truly only in love with one of them. I had to give him up. God has been showing me how to fall in love with him all over again. Not the guy but god. I have been so wrapped up in my lifetime with the guys that I have dated that I seem to substitute them for his love. Don't misunderstand me I do want to be married and I am in love with someone, but that took too much of my focus off of god and somehow I fell out of love with god. Is that possible? I didn't think so until he started dealing with me a year ago. Like in any other relationship you have to work at it. You have to spend time with that person and get to know them and you do thinigs for that person that shows the how much you love them. When you are in love with someone you want to shout it to the whole world. . I wasn't doing much of that. I told myself I was too busy with work, kids, W.O.W., church to spend the time with him like I should. I only talked to him when I needed something or was going through something. I wanted him to do things for me while I did nothing in return for him. Doesn't sound much like love does it. Don't let yourself get so wrapped up in yourself that you forget to show god love how much you love him. We show him our love by spending time in prayer with him, singing, dancing, and praising him, reading his word, listening to him when he speaks to us, sharing our thoughts, hopes, and dreams with him, and being obedient. I don't ever want to find myself at that place where I fall out of love with god again. Its great to have someone to share your life with here, but nothing can take the place of our heavenly father. He loves us like no one else can. I want to shout it to the whole world how much I love him.

No comments:

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally