Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday.......Yikes!!!!!!!!

I have not been shopping on black friday in years and now I remember why I hate to go. I love to shop don't get me wrong, but its difficult to shop with so many people crowding you and the stores are a wreck and full of cranky people, stuff all over the place except where its supposed to be, kids running around amuck, long lines everywhere.....whew! I went out shopping for two reasons only yesterday. The first being that I had to go get a belt for my vaccuum cleaner. My floors were a mess and I was tired of looking at them. The second being a promise I made to my daughter. We went to the Jefferson Mall. Yeah I know that is not the place you want to be on Black Friday, but it was for Olivia and who could resist that face. I know I can't. The first place they always want to go to is Claires. Both of my girls love jewelry and don't care if they don't have anywhere to put it. They get that from their momma. We get into Claires and we look for a minute or two and then I asked Olivia if she wanted to get her ears pierced. Her face lite up like a christmas tree. She was so excited she couldn't contain herself. She yelled to her sister over the whole store "Natalie I'm gettin my ears pierced". The lady asked her to pick out what earrings she wanted. She wanted her birthstone, but I told her it was best to start off w/gold balls. She sat up in the chair and she was talking the ladies head off about how she has wanted to get her ears pierced her whole life, all ten years of it...lol, but she was always too scared to do it. The lady smiled and asked her if she preferred to have one ear at a time done or both at the same time. She thought for a second and said "both cause it won't hurt so bad if you do both of them. Mom said its gonna hurt, but only for a minute". She said "Mom can I squeeze your hand while I'm sitting her like I do when I get shots?". I told her yes she could. Both of the ladies put dots on her ears to make them even and then counted to three. Olivia squeezed my hand and it was over with. She said "That only stung for a second. You mean I was afraid of getting my ears pierced for a sting?". I went and paid for it and we walked out of Claire's and she looked up at me smiling really big and said thanks mom I love my earrings. It made getting out on Black Friday all worth it for that. So when you see her at church make sure you come up to her and tell her how beautiful her earrings look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww so sweet and you are brave. I don't go out of the house on black friday. Crazy people out there, lol.
Tammy

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally