Thursday, November 22, 2007

Today Was A Good Day






Today was a wonderful day with my family. We are close anyway, but we enjoy just getting together to talk and spend time with each other. I only have one sister and we are very close. I don't have a large family. Both of my granny's have passed away and I don't ever see my dad's side of the family unless there is a funeral and my mom only has one relative left living. So I am very close with my family and we have fun and crack each other up. My mom and dad are funny anyway, but as they have gotten older they are even funnier. I grew up in a home where my dad put the toilet seat down, yes ladies he always did that even before my mom and him were married, she didn't have to train him...lol. He cooked, cleaned, bought my sisters and my feminine products at the store, took care of us when we were sick, carted us around when we wanted to go somewhere. You know when I get remarried that poor guy has alot to live up too, just kidding, not really. My mom was the one who punished us all the time, my dad was too much of a softy to do it. I don't mean that in a bad way, but he was just so easy going it took alot for my dad to want to spank you. My mom has always been a hard worker and raised my sister and I to do the same. She kept a clean house and taught both of us to cook, do laundry, and to be self sufficient. I grew up in a house where it was just fun growing up. The neighborhood were we grew up in the neighbors didn't really care for us. You see we had fun and we were ourselves and didn't try to be something that we weren't. I remember one summer day in particular just to give you an example. I don't remember who started it, but someone had a water gun and squirted somebody and we went all over the house throwing water on each other then it carried to outside where we ran around the house chasing each other. Picture my dad, my mom, my sister and me running around the house screaming and laughing squirting each other. Then my dad pulled out the water hose and hosed everybody. Well if that wasn't enough he took the hose and sprayed my mom from outside into the kitchen window and got the kitchen all wet. The whole time all this is going on the whole neighborhood is out on their front lawns watching us. You see we lived on the corner between two other streets and everybody could see our house. They always thought we were wierd, but we didn't care. I love them so much and I am thankful that god gave me the family that I do. We all serve the lord and encourage each other in our walk. That is truly a wonder gift that god has given me.




















No comments:

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally