Sunday, November 11, 2007

Who Are You Accountable To?

Pastor hit it right on today. He was talking about accountability. I know myself I have to have someone to hold myself accountable. I told god if I had to air my dirty laundry to be able to do what he has called me to do then I would, so here goes.

When I first came to New Vision year and a half ago I was living with a man and not married to him. He started going to NVMC a month before I did and I saw how happy he was when he was talking about church. I decided to go to church with him one Wednesday night. I remember walking in to church and feeling welcome there even though I didn't know anyone. I remember Pastor Josh was speaking that night because Pastor David was ill. He had the youth come over into the service so he could still continue with his sermon series HABITS. It just so happened that he was preaching on the "T" in habits, tithing. I knew I was right where god wanted me. I have been a christian for 28 years and I was at a point in my life where I was trying to serve god, but let myself get into a situation that I felt like I could fix. I couldn't. I won't give the details of that because it involves another individual and without his consent I will not speak of it, out of respect for his privacy. It was a few months later that I went to a Women of Vision meeting. I happened to go on the Saturday when Wings Of Worship was doing there first dance ever, because of who you are. I knew immediately that was what god was calling me to do. Now where the accountability for me comes in. I became apart of a ministry and was not lined up with the word of god like I was supposed to be. I went to Tammy and shared with her what was going on in my life and she prayed with me and helped me through some very difficult decisions. She would ask me every week the hard questions that we sometimes won't ask ourselves, because we are afraid to. She kept telling me you know being in ministry you have to do something cause it isn't right. She would ask me are you two getting married or are you moving out? She would say you have to make a decision. I knew she was right. It was the hardest decision I had to make and I gave everything to god and told him if I had to give him up then I would. It hurt and I was broken for a while, but I thank god every day that I had someone to hold myself accountable to. I am now living in my own apartment, have a good job, and lining myself up with the word of god. I encourage everyone, just like Pastor said today, find someone who isn't your best friend that will tell you the truth, ask you those hard questions, and maybe even hurt your feelings a bit so you will stop and examine yourself. I know what my weaknesses are and hold myself accountable for them and try to work on them with the help of god and my accountability partner. Don't be afraid to let your weaknesses show because in your weaknesses is he made strong in your life. I am sure in the days ahead the lord will have me share more of my story but for now I will leave you with the check list that Pastor shared with us today and maybe it will help you to hold yourself accountable.

1. Is my personal realationship with god current?
2. Are my priorities in order?
3. Are you asking yourself the hard questions?
4. Are you accountable to someone in authority?
5. Are you aware and honest about your weaknesses?
6. Do you know your call and is it constantly before you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have come a long way on this journey of life, and we have a long way to go. I see the change in your life and I am sooo happy for you. The best is yet to come!

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally