Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Will I Ever See The End, And When Will It Get There?

We live in a microwave age now. We want to know why we don't have something that we prayed for and we want to know when we will get it. Let's be honest we have all been there......guilty as charged! I was reminded of that today as I sat in a courtroom awaiting my punishment. Yes I said courtroom, don't be so shocked.

My day at the courthouse started off differently than you might expect. As soon as I arrived a lady asked where were was the list that showed what courtroom you were in and what time. I showed her where it was and she said they will probably lock me up today. I told her she shouldn't worry that things would be okay no matter what happened. She smiled and walked on. One of the deputy sheriffs was walking around and asked some people sitting across from me something and they shook their heads no and then he walked over to me and asked if I wanted to join them for morning prayer in the courtroom, I told him yes I would. I joined him and some other deputy sheriffs as well as some lawyers and two ladies that walked in after I did. The sheriff leading the prayer asked if anyone had any prayer requests and a one of the ladies spoke up and said yes I do. She told him she needed a new place to live. She had no where to go. I saw the desparing look on her face as she was telling us that she had to find somewhere to live soon. The other lady said she needed a job. The sheriff looked at me and smiled and began to pray. Even as I stood there praying I couldn't think of myself then because of those two ladies and what they were facing. I kept praying in the spirit and thinking god bless them and watch over them and provide a place for her to live and the other lady a job. It was the perfect way to start off a day that could potentially be a bad one, but I felt at that moment that no matter what the outcome that god was in control and that he was there to help me through it. After that I went out into the lobby and waited til time to go in the courtroom where I was to sit for 2 1/2 hours. I kept sitting there watching people and listening to what the judge was saying to them. She was not in a happy mood at all when she found out that she had 347 cases to do before lunch time. Case after case she did and she was not lienient on them at all. Did I mention that I was in traffic court. No I guess I didn't. You see back in April I was pulled over for not having insurance and I went to court after that and they put me on what they call the diversion program. Which is basically that you agree to keep insurance on your car for two years without being even a day late on your payment and they won't fine you. If you let your insurance lapse then you will have to pay a fine, loose your license, or maybe even get jail time. Well due to the financial state that I have been in lately I didn't have the money to pay my insurance and I was terminated from the program. I have prayed and prayed that god would help me get caught up on my bills and that I would be able to just have enough money to pay my bills and to be able to bless others as well. You know how sometimes when you pray you expect to get the answer you want, but sometimes god has something else for you to learn in the process, well that is where I am at. I was getting a little anxious sitting there, because I didn't know what was going to happen. There were several people ahead of me that had done the same thing that I had and were fined 1,000 dollars and some that got 90 days jail time. The judge was not in a sparing mood today at all and neither was the prosecutor. He had been arguing with people that kept giving him excuse after excuse as to why they didn't comply and why they wanted favor. It was finally my turn to speak to the prosecutor and he was to say the least irritated. He didn't smile at all and was clearly uncomfortable sitting in that chair. I sat down and he asked me if I had let my insurance lapse I said yes I couldn't pay it. He sat there waiting for me to give him and excuse and I just sat there waiting to hear what he had to say. He looked at me funny and shook his head and said that there would only be a $1,000 fine with 90 days jail time on the shelf with the condition that I pay court cost and only $500 by january 29. I was relieved to say the least. I said okay and he smiled at me and said just go take your seat and the judge will call you shortly. It was embarrassing to have to stand up there in front of the judge and her to repeat what he told me in front of the whole courtroom. She said just don't let it happen again and you will be fine and make sure you get insurance on your car. Two things came out of that. One I didn't have to be monitored by the court system anymore and two I was given favor by not having to pay 1,000 or get any jail time. Yes I have to pay 500 which is what I should have to do because I didn't obey the law, but god gave me favor with them today.

We always want to see what we pray for happen the way we want it and we want to know when we will get it. I believe that god allows us to go through difficult times so that he can see how we handle things and to see what he can trust us with. I believe that god is going to bless me beyond what I can comprehend financially, but he has to first see what he can trust me with. I have been paying my tithe and it has been financially difficult and I am not able to pay all the bills all the time, but I know that god is getting me ready for something and I have to be prepared. I know I have a simple way of looking at things and I don't have alot of eloquent words to use, but I have a heart that seeks after him and I will do whatever it takes and go in places where others probably won't to do what it is he would have me do. What do you do when god says move? I move.

No comments:

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.

Walking Thru The Fire So He Can Break Me Down To Mold Me Into His Image.
Live Life With No Regrets, Laugh Til It Hurts, Love Unconditionally